Top 4 Ways to Remove Web Search Results From Windows 11 Start Menu
If you are a Windows 11 user, you must have often encountered irrelevant search results in the Start menu when looking for a file on your system. Since Microsoft uses the Bing search engine, the search results displayed are rarely helpful. Luckily, you can remove web search from the Start menu of your Windows 11 system. Follow this quick guide to achieve the same result.
Also, Read | 5 Ways to Use Google Search Without Being Tracked
Disable Web Search Results from Windows 11 Start Menu
Use Out-of-the-Box Registry Files to Disable Web Search Results
One of the quickest methods you can use to disable web search results from the Windows 11 Start menu is to use the Registry Editor Tool. To save time, we’ve created ready-to-use registry files to disable and enable web search results in Windows 11. Follow these steps for an easy fix.
- Open a new tab in your web browser and download our ready-to-use registry files from this link.
- To download both the files on your system and double click on the Disable web search. register file to run it.
- Click on the yes button to allow the file to make changes to your Windows registry to disable web search results in the Start menu.
- That’s it. You have successfully disabled the web search results feature in your Windows 11.
If you change your mind, you can run the Enable web search file to re-enable this feature.
Use Group Policy Editor to Disable Web Search Results
The second effective way to disable web search results from your Windows 11 Start menu is to disable it using the Group Policy Editor Tool.
- Open the Run window simultaneously pressing the Windows+R keys.
- Type gpedit. msc and press the enter key.
- Navigate to the following items path:
User Configuration Administrative Templates Windows Components File Explorer
- Scroll down to locate ‘Disable display of recent search entries in File Explorer search box‘ and double click on it to configure it.
- Switch to the Button activated and click on To apply to save changes.
Voila, you have successfully disabled the web search results in the start menu using the group policy editor tool.
Try third-party tools to disable web search results
You can also disable web search results feature on your Windows 11 system by using powerful free third party software as the Winaero Tweaker. Using this app, you can adjust and control all the hidden settings and features that are otherwise not available in the Windows 11 user interface. Follow these steps to achieve the same using this app.
- Open a new tab in your web browser and go to Winaero website to download the software.
- Click on the Get Winaero Tweaker to go to the download page.
- Further, click on the Download Winaero Tweaker link to download this software to your system.
- Extract the downloaded file and double click on the Installation file to start installing it.
- Click on the Next button and follow the installation wizard to install the software.
- Further, click on the Finish button to complete the setup and run the Winaero Tweaker application.
- Scroll down to locate the Desktop and taskbar option in the left sidebar. Then double click on the Disable web search option to configure it.
- turn it on Disable Taskbar Web Search and Cortana Option.
- That’s it. You have successfully disabled web search results from the start menu feature using this application.
Bonus Tip: Enable Strict Safe Search to Avoid Inappropriate Search Results
If you don’t want to completely disable Safe Search in your Windows 11 Start menu, but want to filter search results To avoid getting inappropriate results, follow these quick steps to do so.
- press the windows key and search for the SafeSearch settings to open it.
- Under the Safesearch section, enable the Strict mode filter text, images and videos for adults from your web search results.
Related | 4 Ways to Remove Your Personal Information from Google Search
Conclusion: Remove Web Search from the Start Menu
We hope you have now learned how to disable web search results from Windows 11 Start menu using the methods listed above. If this article helped you to remove annoying search results from your system, hit the like button and share this read with your friends to help them too. Stay tuned for more troubleshooting steps.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Groupor for the latest review videos, subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.